Voyeurism as a Criminal Offence: A Consultation Paper (Abridged Version)
As part of the consultation, Canadians are being asked to consider the following questions:
- Is it necessary to create an offence of criminal voyeurism?
- Is it necessary to create an offence of distributing pictures or videos obtained through voyeurism?
- What elements should be included in the definition of these offences?
- Are there any circumstances under which secret surveillance of people should be allowed, even if it means that the viewing or recording may involve exposure of sexual organs, the anal region or explicit sexual activity?
- Should committing voyeurism by recording be considered more serious than voyeurism committed by viewing?
- Should the distribution of voyeuristic images be considered more serious than committing voyeurism?
- Do you have any suggestions for appropriate penalties or sentences for each of these offences?
- Do you have any other suggestions about the voyeurism scheme?
- Date modified: