Inventory of Government-Based Family Justice Services
Family Law Information Centre, Support Variation Project (Saskatchewan)
Type of service
Information & Resource Centres
The Family Law Information Centre assists people who need information on family law matters or referrals to appropriate family law services. It does not provide legal advice. There are many self-help kits available at the Family Law Information Centre. Upon request, staff can forward a kit either electronically or in hard copy, and can provide assistance in completing a kit. The kits include
- Sole Petitioner Uncontested Divorce Kit
- Co-Petitioner Joint Uncontested Divorce Kit
- Initial Application for Custody, Access, Child support and/or Spousal Support;
- Initial Application for Custody, Access, or Child Support by a non-parent;
- Variation of Child Support and/or Spousal Support;
- Interjurisdictional Provisional Support Variation;
- Variation of Custody and/or Access;
- Variation of Custody and/or Access plus Child Support;
- Preparing an Order;
- Preparing a Child Support Agreement to file with the Maintenance Enforcement Office
- Preparing a Separation Agreement;
- Application without notice (ex parte);
- Replying to a Court Application;
- Application for a General Court Order;
- Preparing an Answer and Counter-petition;
- Making a Claim for Family Property Division;
- Preparing for a Pre-Trial Conference;
- Interjurisdictional Support Order (ISO) kits.
Pilot or ongoing service
Ministry of Justice
How to access this service
Although the Family Law Information Centre is located in Regina, callers from anywhere in the province can contact the centre for information or assistance. To contact the Family Information Centre, call 306-787-5837 in the Regina area, or 1-888-218-2822 elsewhere in Saskatchewan, or email .
[ Service(s) offered ]
English. Other languages as required.
A pamphlet describing the service is available in all Queen’s Bench judicial centres, which include Battleford, Estevan, Melfort, Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina, Saskatoon, Swift Current, Weyburn, Wynyard, and Yorkton.
Governing legislation/legislative authority
- Date modified: