Inventory of Government-Based Family Justice Services
Yukon Family Law Information Centre (FLIC)
Type of service
Information & Resource Centres
The Family Law Information Centre (FLIC) helps self-represented people understand family law procedures and assists them in resolving their family law matters more quickly. The FLIC is a public service provided by the Yukon Department of Justice and the Department of Justice Canada.
FLIC can help with
- Provide family law information, publications and self-help guides for separating or divorcing couples and families in transition;
- Assist with changing support orders when the other party lives outside of Yukon (Interjurisdictional Support Orders);
- Adjust eligible parties’ child support amounts when income levels change (Child Support Administrative Recalculation Service)
- Provide computers for public use to access and prepare court forms and research family law matters;
- Offer help completing forms;
- Notarize family court forms;
- Printing/copying; and
- Give referrals to other organizations and agencies.
Pilot or ongoing service
Yukon Department of Justice, Court Services
How to access this service
By telephone, email, or drop-in.
All across Yukon
[ Service(s) offered ]
The centre supplies relevant federal, territorial, and non-government publications. Most publications are provided in both English and French.
Information is also available at:
Child Support Guidelines information
Federal Child Support Guidelines
Guide to Family Law
Department of Justice, Government of Yukon
1st Floor, Andrew A. Philipsen Law Centre
2134 Second Ave.
Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5H6
Toll-free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, ext. 6721
Website: http://www.yukonflic.ca or http://www.yukonflic.ca/fr
- Date modified: