The 2008 National Justice Survey: The Youth Justice System in Canada and the Youth Criminal Justice Act
Long description for Figure 3:
Figure 3: Confidence in the police and youth court. This is a vertical stacked bar chart that illustrates the level of confidence (high, medium or low) among respondents in the police and youth court system. The Y-axis is measured in percentages in increments of 10 from 0 to 100. The X-axis is divided into 4 categories. The X-axis lists the following categories from left to right:
- police - prevent youth crime,
- police – detect/arrest youth,
- youth court – determine guilt and
- youth court – pass the right sentence.
Among respondents, confidence was distributed as follows:
- police - prevent youth crime - high 13%, moderate - 58% and low - 30%;
- police – detect/arrest youth - high 23%, moderate 58% and low 19%;
- youth court – determine guilt – high 21%, moderate 58% and low 21%;
- youth court – pass the right sentence – high 11%, moderate 52% and low 37%.
- Date modified: