The 2008 National Justice Survey: The Youth Justice System in Canada and the Youth Criminal Justice Act
Long description for Figure 4:
Figure 4: Confidence in the youth correctional system (prison and community corrections). This is a vertical stacked bar chart that illustrates the level of confidence (high, medium or low) among respondents in the youth correctional system (prison and community corrections). The Y-axis is measured in percentages in increments of 10 from 0 to 100. The X-axis is divided into 4 categories. The X-axis lists the following categories from left to right:
- prison – supervise offenders;
- prison – rehabilitate offenders;
- community - supervise offenders and
- community – rehabilitate offenders.
Among respondents, confidence was distributed as follows:
- prison – supervise offenders - high 11%, moderate - 59% and low - 30%;
- prison – rehabilitate offenders - high 6%, moderate 52% and low 41%;
- community – supervise offenders – high 8%, moderate 57% and low 35% and
- community – rehabilitate offenders – high 7%, moderate 54% and low 39%.
- Date modified: