The 2008 National Justice Survey: The Youth Justice System in Canada and the Youth Criminal Justice Act
Long description for Figure 7:
Figure 7: Perceived change in overall and specific youth crimes in the past 5 years. This is a horizontal stacked bar chart that illustrates the degree to which respondents felt that youth crime had increased, stayed the same or decreased in the past 5 years. The Y-axis is divided into 5 categories. The Y-axis lists the following categories from top to bottom:
- youth crime in general,
- property crime,
- violent crime,
- drug crime
- and involvement in youth gangs.
Among respondents, perceptions were distributed as follows:
- youth crime in general - increased - 78%, stayed the same - 17% and decreased - 5%;
- property crime - increased 70%, stayed the same - 26% and decreased 4%;
- violent crme - increased 78%, stayed the same 18% and decreased 4%;
- drug crime - increased 79%, stayed the same 18% and decreased 2%;
- and involvement in youth gangs – increased 81%, stayed the same 16% and decreased 3%.
The X-axis is measured in percentages in increments of 10 from 0 to 100.
- Date modified: