(The use of an “*” indicates a study used in the meta-analysis, while an “†” indicates a study that arrived too late to consider for the study.)
* Alternative dispute resolution pilot project of the immigration appeal division- pilot project final report. 2002. In Evaluation of the dispute resolution fund: Draft report. Ottawa: Department of Justice.
* Anderson, H., and Pi, R. 2004. Evaluation of the early mediation pilot programs. California: Administrative Office of the Courts, Judicial Council of California.
* Brett, J., and Goldberg, S. 1983. Grievance mediation in the coal industry: A field placement. Industrial and labor relations review 37(1): 49-69.
* Delaney, M., and Wright, T. 1997. Plaintiff’s satisfaction with dispute resolution processes: Trial, arbitration, pre-trial conference and mediation. Washington: Justice Research Center.
* Dywan, J. 2003. An evaluation of the effect of court-ordered mediation and proactive case management on the pace of civil tort litigation in Lake County, Indiana. Journal on dispute resolution, 2003.
* Eaglin, J. 1990. The pre-argument conference program in the sixth circuit court of appeals: an evaluation. Washington: Federal Judicial Center.
*Evaluation of the alternative dispute resolution pilot project. 2001. Nova Scotia: Human Resources and Development Canada.
* Fix, M., and Harter, P. 1992. Hard cases, vulnerable people: An analysis of the mediation programs at the multi-door courthouse of the superior court of DC. Washington: State Justice Institute.
* Genn, H. 1998. Central London county pilot mediation scheme. London: Department of Constitutional Affairs Research Series.
Glass, G., McGaw, B., and Smith, M. (1981). Meta-analysis in social research. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
* Hann, R., Baar, C. Axon, L., Binnie, S., and Zemans, F. 2001. Evaluation of the Ontario mandatory mediation program (Rule 24.1): Final report- the first 23 months. Kingston: Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General.
* Hanson, R. 1997. The use of mediation to resolve workers compensation cases: a report to the appellate district of the court of appeals of Ohio. Ohio: National Center for State Courts.
† Herman, M., LaFree, G., Rack, C., and West, M. The Metro Court Project Final Report: A Study of the Effects of Ethnicity and Gender in Mediated and Adjudicated Small Claims Cases at the Metropolitan Court Mediation Center. University of New Mexico: The Metropolitan Court Mediation Center, 1993.
* Hogarth, J, and Boyle, K. 2002. UBC Program on dispute resolution: Is mediation a cost-effective alternative in motor vehicle personal injury claims? Statistical analyses and observations. Vancouver: Faculty of Law, University of British Columbia.
* Kakalik, J. 1996. An evaluation of mediation and early neutral evaluation under the civil justice reform act. California: RAND Institute for Civil Justice.
* Kobbervig, W. 1991. Mediation of civil cases in Hennepin county: An evaluation. Minnesota: Office of the State Court Administration, Minnesota Judicial Center.
Latimer, J., Dowden, C., and Muise, D. The effectiveness of restorative justice practices: A meta-analysis. Department of Justice Canada: Research and Statistics Division, 2001.
Latimer, J., Dowden, C., Morton-Bourgon, K., with Edgar, J., and Bania, M. Treating youth in conflict with the law: A new meta-analysis. Department of Justice Canada: Research and Statistics Division, 2003.
Latimer, J., Morton-Bourgon, K., and Chrétien, J. A meta-analytic examination of drug treatment courts: Do they reduce recidivism? Department of Justice Canada: Research and Statistics Division, 2006.
Lipsey, M., and Wilson, D. (1993). The efficacy of psychological, educational, and behavioral treatment: Confirmation from meta-analysis. American Psychologist, 48, 1181-1209.
* Macfarlane, J. 1995. Court-based mediation for civil cases: an evaluation of the Ontario court (general division) ADR center. Windsor: Faculty of Law, University of Windsor.
* McEwan, C. 1992. An evaluation of the ADR pilot project: Final report. Maine: Maine Superior Court.
* McEwan, C., and Maiman, R. 1981. Small claims mediation in Maine: An empirical assessment. Maine Law Review 33: 237-268.
* Roehl, J., Hersch, R., and Llaneras, E. 1992. Civil case mediation and comprehensive justice centers: process, quality of justice, and value to state courts: Executive summary. New Jersey: State Justice Institute.
Rosenthal, R. (1991). Meta-analytic procedures for social research. Newbury, CA: Sage.
† Schultz, Karl D. 1990. Florida’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Demonstration Project: An Empirical Assessment. Tallahassee, Florida: Florida Dispute Resolution Center.
* Slack, L. 1996. A comparative analysis on the benefits of mediation in the Cobb County superior court. Georgia: Institute for Court Management, Cobb County Superior Court.
* Small claims mediation in three urban courts. 1992. In Small claims and traffic courts: Case management procedures, case characteristics, and outcomes in 12 urban jurisdictions. Williamsburg: National Center for State Courts.
* Sourdin, T., and Matruglio, T. 2002. Evaluating mediation - New South Wales settlement scheme 2002. Sydney: La Trobe University, University of Western Sydney.
* Stevens, C., Ellen, E., and McCormick, K. 1995. Court-ordered civil case mediation in North Carolina: An evaluation of its effects. North Carolina: Institute for Government, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
* Stienstra, D., Johnson, M., and Lombard, P. 1997. The western district of Missouri’s early assessment program. In Report to the Judicial Conference Committee on Court Administration and Case management: A Study of the five demonstration programs established under the civil justice reform act of 1990. Washington: Federal Judicial Center.
* Wissler, R. 1995. Mediation and adjudication in the small claims court: the effects of process and case characteristics. Law and Society Review 29(2): 323-358.
* Zweibel, E., Macfarlane, J., and Manwaring J. 2001. Negotiating solutions to workplace conflict: An evaluation of the public service staff relations board pilot grievance mediation project: Final Report. Ottawa: Public Service Staff Relations Board.